LSCF meeting notes:
June 21, 2010
The meeting was called to order at 5:05 P.M.
Roll Call; Beverly and Eva missing, Tom Wetter in attendance. Directors in attendance were Kay, Glyenn, Bill, Gladys, adjunct members Floyd and Jane and guest Tom Wetter. Absent were: Beverly Roths, Eva Mitchell, Ken and Dee Gann.
The Minutes of the May meeting were approved as written.
Treasurer’s May Report; Bill reported the following: Statement balance; 9,886.26; outstanding checks, $764.12; today deposited $1,040.50; Concert, $937 profit; vendor day – $23.50 + vendor fees of $75.00
Recapped the Concert in the Park which was a great event, other vendors sold out, and the cheeseburger sales were successful. From POA perspective, need Porta Potties, more trash cans, and a Police Department officer on duty at the park.
LSPOA Luncheon was tabled to discuss with Will in July. There is also an opportunity to sell food at bike rodeo…same day…We will discuss this possibility with Will and Ken.
Day at the Park Sept. 18th
Music - Paula Reynolds (Scott Durbin of Weed might be helpful)
Contacts to make, Arts Bus, Vendors, Keith Ronge
Food – We will have to decide if we will serve food.
We need to find who has the large tarp we borrowed two years ago.
We need to see if we can secure the Snow Cone machine from Weed Elem.
We are happy that we now have our own popcorn machine.
Donation for Swings: We received a letter from the POA notifying us that we will need to have an additional $2,800 to install the swings. Since our Grant Writer, Jane, will submit a Grant Proposal for a permanent poured in place rubberized surface for the play area it was suggested that we hold the $5,000 until we either secure the loan or have the additional $2,800. Therefore it was moved by Gladys, seconded by Bill, that the $5,000 be placed in 30-day CD until such time as the funds will be used for the swings. It was unanimously approved.
A meeting will be set for the July 12th to meet with John McCarthy, members of the High Desert Gardeners, LSPOA, and Daisy White to decide how to use the $1,800 set aside for Jack’s place. They will meet with the Foundation members at 5:00, and the Foundation meeting will follow.
We had a discussion with Tom as to the necessity of a ne plan that will show the placement of future ammenities in the park. Without direction from the POA, CSD and general manager we are unsure of the direction we need to take in fundraising.
Brochure – We need photos of community events! Kay has an Article for the next Shastina News soliciting pictures. They are to be sent to Kay through her e-mail.
Report from LSPOA meeting – Floyd POA Letter was distributed. Kay have been applied for.
The Blog site which was created by Dana Short is now in place. The site can be reached at http://lakeshastinafoundation.blogspot.com/. It is also available through the Lake Shastina Web site.
Vacancy on Board…We still need one more member.
Grant writing up-date – Jane is sending a Grant Application to the Ben B. Cheney Foundation. It is a request for $32,000 for a poured in place surface for approximately 2,400 square feet, to be placed under the gym equipment and swings.
We are looking into the possibility of sponsoring an “Oktoberfest”. A suggested date was October 16th. Jane has a relative who plays the accordion. That would be a welcome addition. There will be more discussion next month.
A suggestion was made that we ask for “Donations for Grass” as a way to get the needed money to cover the areas of the park that are blowing dirt onto the nearby residents.
A Garden Tour was suggested by Jane as a possible fund raiser for next summer. Diana and Jim Cucuza may be willing to help organize this. We will pursue this at a later date.
FOUNDATION ACTION ITEMS
Due to conflicts with the POA meetings and a busy third week the July meeting was changed to July 12th; Moved by Gladys, seconded by Glyenn. It was unanimously approved.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:30.
Jane St. Pierre,